Greg Ortman, Ph.D., GolfologistTM, is an award-winning PGA instructor, golf clinician, and author of a weekly newspaper column: “The Golf Professor”. He received his Ph.D. In Holistic Health Science and his M.S. in Naturology from the American Institute of Holistic Theology. Greg received his B.A. at Slippery Rock University where he competed on the golf team that finished second in the NCAA Division III championship.
He is a recipient of Tri-State PGA Teacher of the Year Award. Greg has also been nominated by his peers for the prestigious National PGA Teacher of the Year award. He is an 8-time nominee for Golf Magazine Top 100 Teachers in America. Throughout his professional golf career Greg has designed golf equipment, performed in golf infomercials, and trained with PGA Tour Life Member Wally Armstrong.
Dr. Ortman is a Senior Vice-President and Tour Consultant for the ONTIC GOLF GROUP, LLC. ONTIC GOLF is an American company producing cutting-edge products tested and used by players on the PGA Tour.
During his competitive playing career Greg accumulated 14 professional tournament wins and 7 course records. He instructs and resides seasonally in Pennsylvania and South Carolina with his wife Melanie.
You can email Greg at Golfologist@live.com.
- Elected to PGA Membership – December 1984.
- 1993 Tri-State PGA Teacher of the Year.
- Nominated to Top 100 Golf Teachers in America (Golf Magazine, Feb. 2001-2008)
- Named in Golf Magazine as Top Golf Teacher in Pennsylvania, Feb. 2001, Aug 2005, and Sept 2006.
- Weekly Author of “The Golf Professor”, Daily American Newspaper Column; © 2012-2013.
- Author: GOLFOLOGY, A Common Sense Approach to Learning Golf; ©1996.
- Author: The Integral Golfer; ©2012
- Senior Vice-President and PGA Tour Consultant for ONTIC GOLF GROUP, LLC., Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Guest Instructor/Swing Analysis Expert for Seven Springs Junior Golf Academy (2001-2013).
- High School Golf Head Coach – Rockwood (1981-83), Somerset (1983-88), & Shanksville (2004-06).
- Asst. Golf Coach – University of South Florida (1996)
- Coordinator Tri-State PGA Junior Golf Academy (1992-93).
- Tri-State PGA Board of Directors (1990-1993).
- Tournament Director, Area II BPO Elks Junior Golf Championship (1981-1990).
- Writer, Director, and Instructional Talent – Level Best Golf Infomercials (1994 – 1997)
- Playing Member – 1979 NCAA Golf Championship – 2nd Place – Slippery Rock University.
- Qualified as First Alternate for the 1988 US Open at Clovernook, Cincinnati, OH.
- Holder of six (6) course records in PA including Indian Lake Golf Club (Arnold Palmer’s First).
- Fourteen (14) professional tournament wins.
- 1975 Genesee Open Golf Champion
- 1975 District V Golf Champion (Rockwood High)
- 1974-1975 BPO Elks #1957 Junior Golf Champion
1979 – Bachelor of Arts Degree (B.A.), Sociology/Anthropology, Slippery Rock University
2009 – Master of Science Degree (M.S.), Naturology, American Institute of Holistic Theology (A.I.H.T.)
2012 – Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Holistic Health Science, (A.I.H.T.)
Owner/Director – Peak Performance Golf, LLC 1980 – Present
Director of Golf and Operations, Hidden Valley Resort 2002 – 2007
Director of Golf Operations, Cumberland Country Club 1998 – 2000
Director of Golf and Instruction, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort 1990 – 1994
Professional Golfer, Lakeview Resort, WV & Grenelefe Resort, Tampa, FL 1988 – 1990
Head Golf Professional, Somerset Country Club 1981 – 1988
Head Golf Professional, King’s Mountain Resort 1980 – 1981